Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Reasons why I'm loving social media right now (and forever)

This post was supposed to be up on Friday, but after a series of events (TONS of homework, and my laptop's hard drive dying on me), I had to wait until today.  Another reason I've been busy, is because I've been so entertained by the internet!  If you know me, you know I'm basically obsessed with social media and all it has to offer, but this past week I've loved it even more.  Here is why!

1. Memes/Gifs



Nowadays you can literally find a meme or gif from any movie and TV show, as well as admire the creativity and sense of humour of those who create their own witty captions for ordinary images.  These memes are incorporated into so many different yet relatable situations on Twitter and Facebook that make me die of laughter.

2. Valentine's Day jokes




So yeah...Valentine's Day really means nothing to me, but the Valentine's day cards do.  They are presented as simple, hilarious "love" messages on a colourful background, bad grammar, and look like they were edited by an 8 year old on Paint.  And that's what makes them so enjoyable.



I also love the Anti-Valentine's day gifts Seventeen.com suggests.  These gifts will perfectly and explicitly portray the feelings of of bitter single girls (or strong independent females who don't need a man to know their worth), but on everyday clothing and accessories.

3. Being able to see what my old friends are up to



I haven't been out of high school for a year yet, so I don't feel the need to have conversations with each of my classmates in order to find out what they are up to.  With Twitter, I know just enough about what people are doing with their lives (sometimes I know way too much), and still have somewhat of a connection with them.

4. The creation of Vine


Roll over the vines and click on the speaker for sound!

If it wasn't for social media, apps like Vine wouldn't have existed, and that would have been a tragedy.  As I mentioned in one of my Friday Favs posts a while back, Vine is amazinggggg.  People can start, stop, loop and do and say unthinkable things in only 6 seconds, and the results always have me in hysterics.  Basically, if you don't have Vine, I highly recommend you download it!

5. World updates without a push of a button



Some people listen to the news in their cars or watch it on TV, but with just a scroll through my timeline, I can learn about world events hours before any of them.  Of course, some of the info found on certain cites should be verified by more reliable sources, but it really is nice to follow accounts that tweet about the news, and stay constantly updated and aware about local and global events.

6. You get to have this weird cyberspace family


Whether it's everyone participating in a trending topic, having a conversation with a group of people you don't see in person, or gossiping about something surprising in the news or in Hollywood, we're all a big, loving family, making jokes and bonding over our individual WiFi connections.  This is probably most evident on award show nights, where most of us tweet and update our statuses with thoughts about celebrities' outfits, performances, and awards.  It's almost like we're all in the same living room watching together :))).

7. Lightens (or should lighten) your mood


Regardless of the terrible things happening in the world or in my world in particular, I can always count on a post, tweet, Instagram picture, vine, or pin to cheer me up and improve my mood.  This is definitely my favourite part about social media; even though it has its days where users are being offensive, obnoxious, and just plain nasty, it also has this incredible ability to expose us to people we never would have crossed paths with in real life, who unintentionally and unknowingly make our day...and even give us hope in the next one.

8. I get to share my blog with my followers


The last reason for my renewed love of social media is the fact that I can share my blog posts with my followers and friends on multiple platforms.  I really appreciate everyone who takes time out of their day to click on the link to my blog, and reads what I have to say.  So THANKS!!


What have you been especially loving about social media lately?

*Click on the photos to be directed to their original locations*


Don't forget to check me out on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.  Hope you had an excellent week!



~

No comments:

Post a Comment